So she might be pregnant.
What does that mean to you?
You have options.
- Stay calm. Right now, you have the responsibility to help her make an informed decision. Nobody, not her friends or parents, can have more influence on her decision than you.
- Listen. It’s a very important decision and one you need to make together. Let her know she is not alone.
- Talk honestly. It’s normal to be mad, frustrated or worried. Hiding your feelings only increases stress.
- Gather facts. You have options. Be informed.
- Don’t bail. The more you deny what happened the harder it gets. It won’t just go away.
- Don’t pressure her. Forcing a decision will only cause regret.
- Don’t forget. You are very important. Be there, be open and be honest.