Current COVID-19 Precautionary Measures as of Monday, June 8th, 2020
At PRA your health and safety is one of our highest priorities. The COVID-19 (coronavirus) outbreak is changing rapidly and we are closely monitoring our risk and preparedness as a part of our client safety plan in accordance with CDC guidelines.
So we may continue to provide quality care in a compassionate and safe environment, we have added extra precautionary measures regarding the spread of the COVID-19 (Coronavirus).
- signs posted on our entrance stating:
- Please wear a mask covering your nose and mouth. If you do not have a mask one will be provided. If the service you receive allows for 6 ft. of separation you may be able to remove your mask. Please discuss with your service provider.
- Please, do not enter the building if you have tested positive for or had contact with someone confirmed or suspected to have Coronavirus/COVID-19 in the past 30 days and/or if you are experiencing: dry cough, shortness of breath, fever, body aches. Instead, please call your primary care doctor or call a Public Health Representative at 325-514-0106 for medical assistance.
- clients/patients and guests must comply with a temperature check at the front door and agree with a signed statement that they are not experiencing any of the above symptoms
- sick staff and volunteers will be required to stay home if they have symptoms of acute respiratory illness, including a fever of 99.5 degrees F with a forehead thermometer (100.4 degrees F oral) and
- staff and volunteers will self-screen daily before entering the building in accordance with above statement, and follow all respiratory etiquette and hand hygiene recommended by CDC
- magazines and toys removed from our lobby area
- hand sanitizer provided to each person entering the building
- instructions provided on hand washing, social distancing, covering coughs & sneezes, and other recommended safety precautions
- sign-in pens and clipboards will be sanitized after each use
- lobby will be sanitized multiple times daily
- after check-in procedure, clients/patients will be advised to wait in their car and they will be called in at the time of their service
- If possible, baby supplies services will be conducted over the phone or through video conferencing, materials will be delivered to the client in the parking lot
- One guest allowed in with client/patient for services
- children under 17 are strongly encouraged to remain at home unless needing services
- social distancing (6 ft. separation) will be encouraged and identified by tape on floors
- If social distancing is not possible, clients/patients, their guests, and staff will be required to wear face masks
- client/patient rooms will be sanitized after each individual visit
- client restrooms will be sanitized after each individual visit
- administrative areas will be sanitized after each meeting
- meetings will consist of no more than 10 people with above precautions enforced
We will continue to monitor the outbreak and the safety recommendations. We will adjust our measures as needed so PRA will be able to continue providing services as usual.