At PRA your health and safety is one of our highest priorities. The COVID-19 (coronavirus) outbreak is changing rapidly and we are closely monitoring our risk and preparedness as a part of our client safety plan in accordance with CDC guidelines. We are also in communication with the Taylor County Health Department, Abilene Regional, and Hendrick Health Systems to ensure we are receiving the most current risk avoidance recommendations.
So we may continue to provide quality care in a compassionate and safe environment, we have added extra precautionary measures regarding the spread of the COVID-19 (Coronavirus).
- signs posted on our entrance stating:
- Please, do not enter building if you have traveled outside the U.S. or in New York, New Jersey, Washington State, Louisiana, or California in the past 30 days. Please call us for screening questions at 325-672-6415.
- Also, do not enter the building if you have had contact with someone confirmed or suspected to have Coronavirus/COVID-19 and/or if you are experiencing dry cough, shortness of breath, fever, or body aches. Instead, please call your primary doctor or call a Public Health Representative at 325-514-0106 for medical assistance.
We will be happy to assist you over the phone to reschedule your appointments or to provide referrals to other community agencies. Call us at 325-672-6415.
- clients/patients must agree with a signed statement that they are not experiencing any of the above symptoms and/or traveled outside the U.S., or in New York, New Jersey, Washington State, Louisiana, or California in the past 30 days
- sick staff and volunteers will be required to stay home if they have symptoms of acute respiratory illness, including a fever of 99.5 degrees F with a forehead thermometer (100.4 degrees F oral), and agree to above statement
- staff and volunteers will follow all respiratory etiquette and hand hygiene recommended by CDC
- magazines and toys removed from our lobby area
- hand sanitizer provided to each person entering the building
- instructions provided on hand washing, social distancing, covering coughs & sneezes, and other recommended safety precautions
- sign-in pens and clipboards will be sanitized after each use
- lobby will be sanitized multiple times daily
- after check-in procedure, clients/patients will be advised to wait in their car and they will be called in at the time of their service
- only one guest allowed in with client/patient and must also agree with a signed statement that they are not experiencing any of the above symptoms and/or traveled outside the U.S., or in New York, New Jersey, Washington State, Louisiana, or California in the past 30 days
- children under 17 are strongly encouraged to remain at home unless needing services
- social distancing (6 ft. separation) will be enforced and identified by tape on floors
- masks and gloves will be worn by staff and volunteers (when available) if social distancing is not possible
- all classes are postponed at this time
- client/patient rooms will be sanitized after each individual visit
- client restrooms will be sanitized after each individual visit
- administrative areas will be sanitized after each meeting
- meetings will consist of no more than 10 people with above precautions enforced
We will continue to monitor the outbreak and the safety recommendations. We will adjust our measures as needed so PRA will be able to continue providing services as usual.